Monday, August 2, 2010

love/loathe of the moment: sephora products

I have a major [MAJOR] obsession with sephora... here's what I am loving and loathing that I've gotten from sephora lately:


LOVE:


Sephora Collection Microfiber Hair Towel - $20, buy it {here}
super soft, helps dry my hair quickly and really cuts down on frizz! must have, especially if you have thick-ole-horse-hair like me! Love, love, love and definitely worth the $20!


LOATHE:

bareMinerals Glamarama -$39.00 - check it out {here}
Now, let me be clear... I don't loathe everything in this pack but I really was not satisfied... here's what came in it and my thoughts:
- 0.05 oz Original SPF 20 Mineral Veil - classic, nice finishing touch to makeup
- 0.02 oz SPF 15 Warmth - again, nice finisher and adds a touch of color!
- 0.02 oz Glamarama SPF 20 Eyecolor - classic, I wouldn't use it alone because my skin tone is already tan, but I like using it to add an extra sparkle
- Double-Ended Angled Eye & Cheek Brush - brush works well with the products


Here's where the loathing begins...
- 0.33 oz Waterproof Flawless Definition Mascara in Black - YUCK. clump. clump. clump. not good, and definitely does not hold a candle to my other two mascara loves [benefit badgal and smashbox bionic indigo ink]
- 0.14 oz SPF 15 Natural Lipgloss in Honey Bun- again YUCK. sooo sticky and thick and I just felt my lips screaming whenever I put it on.

The mascara and lipgloss have been thrown away. I even gave them a few tries... I considered giving them to a friend but I don't have any friends that I dislike enough to put through that.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this product, just not worth it even for the low low price for $39 [buy yourself an extra microfiber towel instead].

also... you'll notice, I'm giving the blog a bit of an "overhaul"... bare with me as I try some stuff out.

until next time....

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails