the past week or so of pregnancy have been interesting - my two week vacation home from work have given me a lot of time to reflect on both being pregnant and the whole idea of having a baby - a daughter. I'm embracing my pregnant body and getting comfortable with it - this is the most I've ever weighed in my entire life and that was a struggle for me in the beginning but now I'm happy for every pound I've gained because this whole thing isn't about me - it's about creating life and our sweet daughter that is growing inside of me. I'm still incredibly in awe of a woman's body and our ability to actually create life - there are so many moments that I catch myself just awed by the whole idea of pregnancy and how we all (as humans) were created by our parents and the science behind it all... I cannot wait to meet our sweet girl and get to know her and see what traits she gets from each of us (both physically and in her personality).
DJ asked me today in the car if I think about the fact that I have a baby growing inside me sometimes - my response, ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I then called our daughter a parasite.... he didn't like that very much. But seriously, it consumes my mind, I don't have many close friends that have kids/have had babies so I haven't been around a lot of pregnant women so I just haven't thought about it a lot. Especially since I spent a chunk of my life not wanting to have kids - it just isn't something I thought about... the science behind it, the miracle of it all and just the amazing ability and gift we have as women to give life. okay. enough of that... here are this week's stats:
- week: 20/40
- baby j is the size of a cantaloupe or banana depending on the email and is measuring 10 inches long!
- feeling pretty good, super stuffed up and congested but other than that no complaints!
- loving pre-natal yoga, I did it twice this week - which doubled last weeks whopping one time. my goal for next week is 3-4 times. I miss yoga and have felt really good after doing it, I'm excited to work it back into my routine!
- I lived in sweatpants and yoga pants this week getting dressed to go out in public a few times and I loved the sloth-like nature of my week... it suits me so well.
- number of courses in the dinner I made DJ earlier this week: FOUR. I'm so proud of myself for making six different dishes from scratch for our amazing asian themed dinner earlier this week! we've been loving the leftovers the past few days too, yum! my fave = homemade wonton soup from scratch!
- visitors: 2 - sarah & mike came to see us last night and we had a yummy crepe dinner in Athens and a relaxing night playing board games, great times with great friends! :)
- new cars bought: ONE! santa brought DJ and I a very special delivery this past weekend, a new VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI! We love our "family car" and can't wait to have a little baby to make it complete!
this week's styling bump --
*please note that I have my iPhone in my back pocket... but yes, my butt has also grown along with my bump... just not that much... or at least that's what I tell myself.
my 20th week in pictures...
our new car: welcome to the family, big red! ~ my handsome husband driving us down to Athens for lunch! ~ the best cake I've had in a really long time - yummy hot chocolate cake from Publix! ~ nightly cup of tea = new routine!
so that's that. so excited to celebrate two years of marriage this weekend with my love and work on convincing him to buy me a new iPhone 4s.... I mean, I'm carrying his child, it's the least he can do, right?! haha... love you jiggs.