I love back to school time. So much fun, excitement, shopping, starting fresh - oh yes, and a wardrobe refresher + new school supplies [this girl here, obsessed with post-it notes]. Fortunately for me, I get my office supplies ordered for me via staples.com... unfortunately for me, I don't get to dreamily wander around Target picking out sharpies, sticky notes and dividers galore. anyways, tangent over - you get it, I love a good red stapler.
Back to fashion, or my lack there of... I'm lucky enough to work with relaxed faculty members where it's a good day where pants are worn versus flip flops and khaki shorts [for them, not me] but I do try and dress nice like a grown-up [when I don't hit snooze 100 times]. I can't lie though, I do long for the days where I could roll out of bed throw my hair up in a messy bun [who are we kidding, I still do that] and throw on jeans and a tank, grab a hoodie and make a run for it while putting on lipgloss as I walk to class... so instead of doing a "fancy" fancies today with fun work clothes that I can wear during this back-to-school season as a grown-up, I'm going back to the essentials. casual, comfy, and overpriced. duh.
BDG striped tunic - nice and loose so you can enjoy the froyo at the dining hall
2. wayfarers - classic and timeless [I can't wait until my husband buys me a pair for being awesome, cough cough]
3. beige slouchy cardigan - cozy and comfy for cold classrooms
4. mixed chain multi row - so you have something to play with in class when you get bored
5. rainbows - you know florida girls love them some flippy-floppies
6. nadri crystal bangles - for a little extra jingle jangle
7. chanel le vernis nail polish - neutral and fun
8. dark blue not skinny jean shorts - hey gators, just for you - some jorts!
9. gold wire ball studs - simple and classic
check out everyone else's fancies over at long distance loving...
...and because a post wouldn't be complete without talking about how adorable my husband is and how ridiculous we are, here's a friday flashback for you [whoa, double whammy] from our freshman year of college... home from college and on NYE after one too many, we decided to rekindle our senior year of high school love as the clock struck twelve... make-out-city: population two. funny to think we got married almost nine years later to the day. there was lots of kissing on that day too. :)
look at those baby faces?!
yup, a decade later... I still love him.
excited for a fun weekend of 5Ks, hiking and relaxing with my lovie!
[I know, I just used 5K and hiking and exciting in the same sentence... what is happening to me]
oh yeah, one last thing....
happy birthday whitney!
[head over to whit's blog and say happy birthday to her!]