this week was a trying one when it came to my pregnancy, I ended up leaving work early on monday and spent tuesday and wednesday unexpectedly at home due to some major back pain. I ended up getting bounced back and forth on monday afternoon between my OB and Urgent Care [luckily they're in the same building] and finally got some answers - apparently I'm having SI Joint Pain which usually doesn't come until later in pregnancy - lucky me, such an overachiever it's coming early and will only get worse. Oh and I'm probably going to have back labor - what fun?! Anyways, thanks to lots of rest, heating pad and muscle relaxers [that are okay to take when I'm preggo] I'm feeling much better. We also unexpectedly got to hear the fetal heartbeat on monday so that was a nice reminder that baby j is doing great!
overall, things are going along just swimmingly, I'm definitely showing but I still think I just look chubby rather than pregnant, DJ is being awfully sweet and keeps telling me I just look pregnant and have only gained weight in my belly [he's sweet to lie isn't he?!]
here's the 15 week breakdown:
- Baby J is the size of a navel orange!
- SI Joint Pain: unbearable at first and now manageable
- Apples eaten: probably close to 100
- Pants worn without an elastic waistband: ZERO
- Weddings baby j officiated [or at least was present when I did, haha]: ONE [pictures of the wedding coming soon, I promise!]
- Thanksgiving dinners eaten: one [and one amazing leftover sandwich]
- Hours spent black friday shopping: 8
- Books Read: 7
other than that....
- I can finally eat anything and am not living off carbs and ginger ale! oh fruits and veggies how I've missed you!
- SO ready to start feeling baby j wiggling around in there!
still no bump pictures but I will leave you a snapshot of what my 15th week has looked like...
[thanksgiving day, pregnant ladies doing what they do best:
napping waiting for dinner!]