Anways, we are over the moon excited and let's be real - a little nervous and scared at the same time. this definitely explains why I've been M.I.A. the past few months - first, I've been exhausted. like sleep for 12 hours and still wake up tired exhausted. second, it really has been difficult to find other things to talk about - my mind has been wrapped around this little baby growing inside me for the past three months and I am so excited to finally be able to share my thoughts, excitement and fears! Speaking of the baby, here's our first baby picture - I know, it's adorable even at 8 weeks...
Don't worry this won't turn into just a baby blog because let's get real - I still have all sorts of random stuff swimming around in here but this is the biggest thing consuming my mind so be warned, there will be lots of pregnancy baby talk. Consider yourself warned.
So here [in a bulleted list, because that's how my mind works] are the answers to what I'm sure are your burning questions about sweet little baby j....
- How far along are you? When are you due? I'm 14 weeks today! We're due on May 15th [and even though it's likely the baby won't come before/on it's due date we're hoping it'll be a 14th baby like its mom and dad]
- Were we trying? Yes and no - in April, shortly after DJ turned 29 we decided that we would stop "preventing" and let the powers that be - be. Well, that lasted like two weeks and then we both got into, let's get pregnant mode! More than anything I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant after being on birth control for over a decade and wanted to give my body some time to adjust... well four short months later. We got a positive, it was so exciting and surreal and it sounds cheesy but life seriously changed the instant I saw that positive pregnancy test!
- How are you feeling, did you have morning sickness? I must say, I was extremely fortunate - I only got "sick" twice - one morning after DJ cleaned out the refrigerator and I walked in the pantry and smelled the trash and one night at Tiff's bridal shower after I took my prenatal vitamin. The nausea is a whole other story - I was pretty much nauseous for a good two months. I didn't have too many food aversions but did have a handful [yogurt, chicken, vegetables - basically anything that wasn't a carb]. Luckily, that phase is over - I've been feeling great for the past week or so and have been able to eat pretty much everything [yogurt and veggies included!].
- Are you showing? Let's see that baby bump? I wish I could say no that I'm still skinny as ever - but no, no - I chunked up real quick. I wouldn't say I'm showing per-se, but my midsection definitely is rounder. People haven't come out and asked me yet but after I told people they've said "I was wondering, I saw your stomach..." [nice. thanks.] I promise to post a picture of the bump soon, if you look closely in pics from the past few weeks you can kinda see it [though I purposely didn't post any that were too showy].
- Do you know what it is yet? Boy? Girl? Are you going to find out? So we don't know yet - but we should find out right around Christmas! Yes, we're definitely going to find out [I'm way too much of a control freak not to know].
- What do you think it is? Oh it's a girl. I know it is. However, DJ is convinced it's a boy. Either way, one of us will be right [it'll be me].
welp, that's all I can think of right now --
Any other questions??
Oh, and don't forget to sign-up for my Ornament Swap if you haven't already! It's going to be loads of fun!