Wednesday, November 30, 2011

oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree....

don't you just love my super original title? well, I maybe lacking creativity in blog-post-naming but I'll make up for it with excitement [and tons of photographs] I'm so excited to say that the chrismakuh has officially arrived in our household... our halls are decked - the tree is decorated and I'm almost done with our holiday shopping [one gift left to buy and I know what we're getting, I just need to go buy it]... I haven't gotten pictures of everything yet but here's a glimpse of our lovely Christmas tree [and Oliver, duh]... so yes, more holiday decor pictures to come - but for now, enjoy our lovely tree [and puppy]

Oliver wasn't quite sure what to make of the Christmas tree but  he's being a good boy and has only stolen a few ornaments off the tree... We even had a little photo shoot as I put the tree together,  he's such a little ham, I love it... it's crazy to think this time next year we'll be wrangling a dog and a baby for Christmas tree photo shoots.... wow. really crazy. [is it strange that it still doesn't feel real sometimes that we're having a baby?! anyways, back to the Christmas tree...]

I grew up in a household of multi-colored lights on the Christmas tree, but I am so partial to white lights, to me there is something magical about simple white lights in contrast to the dark green tree and the bright pops of color from fun ornaments... 

one of my favorite parts of decorating for the holidays are unpacking all our ornaments - I love pulling out ornaments and thinking of where they came from or who gave them to me or where I was in my life when I received/bought them, such a powerful time to reflect while being completely in the moment [if that makes any sense at all?!]
...I didn't get a lot of good pictures of ornaments, but I'm going to go back and take some more and do a whole post on our favorite ornaments! (get excited, hah)

like I said, all the gifts are bought - the ones we have [some are enroute via the mail] are all wrapped and under the tree... I LOVE wrapping gifts, it's kinda sick. It's going to be hard not to run out and buy more gifts once they're all wrapped [I've already told all the family that I'd be happy to wrap their gifts, I have faith that my MIL will let me help her wrap all her gifts so I think I'll be able to get my fix in once we're done]

the finished product....

Oliver approves.
what do you think?
are you decorated for the holidays yet?

12 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks awesome and I love the photos with your dog by the tree! So cute! I cant believe you have presents already! I havent bought ANY presents yet, or even the tree! ahhh I am so behind!

Anna said...

Love it!! Looks great. You know I've had mine up for a while already. Lol

Marian said...

Both the tree...and oliver look fabulous!

Courtney B said...

I am all decorated up... except I can't find our stockings :( How did I lose those!? And we have no gifts yet... I have been quite the slacker with shopping this year.
I am so with you... grew up with colored lights but each year hubs and I just use white lights! And wrapping gifts is my favorite part :)

Congratulations on being pregnant!! (just found your blog or else I would've said it sooner!)

Sara Strand said...

I decorated everything in the house on Black Friday as I always do. :) I am so happy with our tree this year- it has not one generic bulb ornament! Every single ornament has meaning behind it and my tree is full. Pictures are coming soon!

Nikki said...

Love the profile shot. I haven't decorated or bought a thing yet. Bah humbug!

Kristin said...

my house looks so sad this year! because i'm moving i'm not putting up a tree at my house...it's at the fiance's house instead :(. BUT, the tree looks good and i have a few things around my house. most of my gifts are bought, i just need to wrap! :) love ollie with the tree!!

Katie said...

Aww Mr. Oliver, you are sooo cute! Your tree and presents look so good! I'm hoping we can get ours up tomorrow!

Sarah said...

Your tree is great but that Oliver steals the show!
Im right there with you, I LOVE wrapping gifts!! I need to get on it though, I haven't wrapped a single one this year!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I agree that Oliver steals the show! I will be featuring this next week:) Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

tory burch shoes sale lzokjppa Cheap Tory Burch shoes qumaffqo Tory Burch outlet online vutornzu discount Tory Burch shoes saxwwrip Tory Burch outlet sale qznzfvzc Tory Burch Boots ddomzdqp Tory Burch Flats jdhsyzjc Tory Burch Flip Flops tbnuqpkt Tory Burch Handbags njullsje Tory Burch Heels rnstbxaj Tory Burch Reva Flats itcklwqr Tory Burch Sandals xfsdkpcn Tory Burch Wallets wkktaxcr Tory Burch Wedges qyybajpu

Anonymous said...

One personalitè„¿ drawback I see with this. With my current backpack, I can only carry so much durante the backpack and quanto a my hands when I ride my bike to the store. So sometimes I need to make two trips. my first pregnancy the fibroid grew to 25cm when my son was delivered by scheduled c-section (fibroid was blocking the birth canal). During that pregnancy it was only during the last month that I was very uncomfortable, he was born at 36 weeks. thank goodness because I would not have made another month. My son was born without complication and he is a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]scarpe Hogan outlet[/url]
happy healthy 2 year old.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails