I'm so excited to find out the sex of the baby in the coming weeks because I feel like then we can start making some headway on names [we have middle names picked and a solid list of first names for each sex]. Even though I'm a ball of nerves I'm still on cloud nine that we're pregnant - there are so many moments where I find myself smiling thinking of this little baby that's growing inside of me that we made - that is made from me and DJ... and it still blows my mind. I can't wait to meet this little person that we've created and see what they're like - who do they look like [me], who do they act like [hopefully DJ].
anyways, here we are week 16... here's the lowdown:
- baby j is the size of an AVOCADO... [4.5 inches long (head to rump) and 3.5 ounces], and speaking of avocados, I've been craving all things mexican this week... I'm pretty sure I could eat a chipotle burrito bowl for every meal and not get sick of it!
- sleeping: eeeh, alright - I've been having issues getting comfortable/falling asleep but once I'm down for the count, I usually sleep through the night
- movement: I can't wait - still nothing definitive as far as feeling movement, though I have had a few "could that be the baby?!" moments... again, can't wait until I know.
- cravings: mexican, mexican, apples, salty stuff and more mexican. oh and cookies, but lets be real, I always want chocolate chip cookies [now I just have an excuse, ha]
- new bras bought: two. let's just say I'm still growing... aka I sleep with boobs in my chin.
- gender: unknown... I say girl, DJ says boy - the Chinese Prediction Calendar says boy - I honestly would be happy either way - I just want a happy healthy baby! my niece told me last night there was a girl in my belly - she's the smartest [almost] four year old I know so she must be right, hah.
- best moment(s) of the week: getting a mani/pedi, loads of reading, just spending time talking about our baby with DJ, baby j taking part in their first ZTA ritual [and my first chapter meeting as an advisor, yay]
[yup, that's an avocado in my uterus... definitely misplaced and probably bigger than baby j]
can't wait to see what next week brings [and the week after, and the week after...]