29 weeks down, 11 to go! If baby j comes on her due date - she'll be here in 75 days. I don't know why but I have a feeling she's coming early... but as I'm trying to prep everything for maternity leave that makes me a little anxious [I mean, I planned my maternity leave dates perfectly... hah, planned - more like I had great luck with the way all the dates worked out and coincided with the academic year] and I have a lot to do in the next 11 weeks to prep for my time-off], I guess I don't really have control over that so we'll just see! This past week hasn't been too eventful, we had a relaxing weekend - a nice date night on friday and then ran errands, saw a movie [Act of Valor] later on the weekend - we're trying to have a date every week or so and spend plenty of time just the two of us as I know life is going to be very different come 11 [give or take a few] weeks...
The biggest "baby j" thing that happened this week was our childbirth class yesterday... we had our class for an hour and it was "interesting" to say the least - we discussed the different phases of labor AND we got to watch a birth video... now let's just talk about this for a second - one, yes I know we're in a childbirth class but I would think that we'd have a little notice before we saw vagina on the big screen... no, no - no warning. just all of a sudden we go to the next slide in the powerpoint and she clicks the video that goes along with the slide and BAM - the miracle of life... Yup, DJ watched. Nope, I sure didn't. I saw what was coming and directed my attention to the woman sitting directly across from me that is pregnant with twins... let me just say watching her face was further justification that I should not be watching... her face was a combination of horror, shock and anguish... Yes, I probably should watch a birth video before giving birth... yes, I probably will - but as I told DJ, I'd rather do that in the comfort of our home rather than in front of 10 strangers. I'd like to be able to
curse react freely in a judgement free zone... so we'll see about that.
From there, we spent the second half of our class on a tour of the hospital where I'll be giving birth - I was really impressed by everything we were shown, the entire facility, the staff and feel great about where we'll be bringing baby j into the world! I was happy to see all the different rooms we'll be in, know how long [approximately] we'll be there and just get some peace of mind on the facility, I'd heard great things but it's human nature to be skeptical... well, at least it's in my nature. I was impressed AND our favorite nurse from our OB's office is a labor and delivery nurse there and we saw her... is it sad that at this point in the pregnancy I don't have a preference on which doctor in our practice delivers sweet pea but I hope our favorite nurse is there? haha, oh well. fingers crossed.
anyways, here are the stat's on baby j during her 29th week...
- baby j is measuring around 15-16 inches long and is weighing around 2.5-3.8lbs, aah she's getting SO big!
- speaking of big -- I definitely can see her moving around in my stomach and her "kicks" coming out of my stomach so much more than before - it's pretty freaky [alien like?] to see your stomach moving around from the inside... it's aliiiiive.
- I've been having problems sleeping again... yuck. It's like every other night at this point - one night I get a terrible night sleep, can't fall asleep/toss and turn, get out of bed for awhile and then get back in and finally fall asleep... the next day I'm so exhausted all day that I lay down and I pass out.. then the NEXT day it starts again with the problems sleeping - not a fun cycle.
- I've been doing good with no soda for the past few weeks! wahoo! now, I'm onto juice... I've been LOVING juice lately - apple, orange, grapefruit, pomegranate... yum, I cannot get enough of any and all of it!
- I finally feel like I'm done playing around with my baby registries and they're set - phew! I'd literally been adding and taking things off every day for the past week or so... but now, I'm DONE! I feel like I've researched everything more than any human should/needs to and I am happy with all of our picks.
- four weeks [and 2 days] until my baby shower, I'm so so so so excited! [hooray for family, friends and fun -- AND more than anything, I'm so excited my mommy coming to town!]
- also, baby j's cousin - "baby 3" is arriving any day now! Summer's [my SIL] due date was on Monday and now we're waiting -- I'm so excited that "baby j" and "baby 3" are going to be so close in age! I never had cousins my age [or not my age, hah] around when I was growing up and I'm so excited for sweet pea to have a cousin that she's only 2.5 months younger than to play with and grow up with! we're just waiting now for the little guy to be born so we can meet him!
29 week bumpin' bump....
...so that was our 29th week...
...another week closer to meeting our sweet pea!