Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good - it was really hard to sleep without DJ the first few nights he was gone but I've been trying to go to bed earlier/get up earlier which has been helping in that AND he gets home tomorrow which is super exciting! Also exciting is that Lindi is coming to visit this weekend! I'm so excited for a girls night/day with her before DJ gets back... and clearly to hang out with both of them after we pick him up from the airport tomorrow night.
We're going to go see The Hunger Games this afternoon - SO FREAKING EXCITED. I reread the first two books and am currently halfway through the third book so it's all fresh in my mind for the movie [which can be a good thing or a bad thing]. We're going to see it at an IMAX theater too so I'm really excited about that!
My doctors appointment yesterday was extremely uneventful - which I do realize is a blessing and a good thing. I go back next Monday for my Strep B test and then start going weekly for my check-ins... CRAZY. I have a feeling these next 8 weeks are going to fly by!
Lastly, the saddest thing that happened this week was that my in-laws dog Lexi passed away last night... it was definitely a sad moment but at the same time, I know she's in a better place now and at peace. She wasn't doing too well these last few weeks and I know they were struggling with the decision to put her down or not and luckily/unluckily (?) it didn't come to that and she went on her own last night. My heart breaks for them because I know the pain of losing a dog especially one that you've spent a decade or so with... poor Ollie, he doesn't know/realize yet and I know he's going to miss her - Lexi was his little buddy [even though she was 9 years his elder]... here they are sunbathing together last week...
sweet, sweet pups.
- sweet pea is the size of a squash! she's between 15/2-16.7 inches long and weighs between 2.5-3.8lbs
- no labor signs/braxton hicks -- that I know of, I'm hoping/thinking I'd recongize them. all in all, everything feels pretty normal
- we still have four weeks until they'll check to see what position she's in but based on where I feel her hiccups and the movement I've been trying to decipher I think she's head down... which is GREAT news, hopefully she stays that way!
- number of glasses of orange juice consumed this week: I would guess close to 40. can't stop. won't stop.... even if it does give me heartburn. sad.
- my legs = pain. I'm definitely carrying extra weight and I feel it in my legs every day.....
- number of pictures I took of my adorable new nephew Sam: probably around 300, coming soon! just need to get the energy/find the time to sit down and edit them!
- number of days until my mom comes in town: six!
- number of days until my baby shower: eight!
- number of days until DJ comes back from the UK: ONE! [!!!!]
- number of days until lindi comes: ZERO! she'll be here in a hour or so, yay!
here's this weeks bumpin' bump....
snapshots from the 32nd week...
key lime pie cheesecake = amazing * President Obama being in town = closed highways and roads = my Friday commute home taking almost 3 hours.... NOT FUN * spent lots of time in our glider this weekend reading The Hunger Games series.... so relaxing!
so that's that.
32 weeks down, 8 to go!
another week closer to meeting our sweet pea....