well clearly, the biggest thing that happened in our little world on my 30th week was that sweet pea's cousin Sam was born! It made everything so much more real to me to meet him on Sunday. It's still crazy to me that I was hanging out with Summer on Saturday night/early Sunday morning watching SNL laughing over Lindsay Lohan being a crackhead with us both being pregnant and woke up and she had A BABY [well, technically she has three, but you know what I mean a new baby]. I know, that's how it happens... I know that the result of this pregnancy will be a baby... meeting Sam just made it that much more real for me.
It was also too funny [for lack of a better word - sweet? amusing? scary?] to watch DJ with a newborn... for being one of the most relaxed and laid-back people I've ever met he was very careful - I felt like he was holding his breath when he was holding Sam for fear he would break him. It was sweet. I've definitely seen a more cautious side of him since I've become pregnant... I can only imagine how much that will heighten once the baby is actually here.
Well, other than Sam coming into the world, the 30th week hasn't been too exciting - we had another childbirth class. Yeah... about that... our childbirth classes aren't proving to be too worthwhile... the information is good - but the way it's being presented is not very engaging. Not too mention, I have NO clue what she's doing/what I'm supposed to be doing throughout the breathing exercises -- our instructor isn't very clear and I feel like we're all just sitting there staring at the screen pretending to follow-along... it's special. I thought with my learning style and need to process things and come back and ask questions that I would be better off with the five week class but I'm starting to regret not doing the one or two day classes.
30th week stats...
- sweet pea is around 16 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds! she's also currently surrounded by a pint and half of amniotic fluid.
- her eyesight is also supposedly also getting better! we haven't tried the "flashlight trick" yet but maybe we'll do that soon... apparently if you shine a flashlight at your belly in a dark room the baby reacts and moves around. hmm - who knows.
- Overall, I've been feeling pretty good - still getting up a few times a night to go to the bathroom and still having issues sleeping some nights. Overall, I've been extra exhausted this week and just sore... my joints/ligaments are definitely feeling different in a not good way. Fun.
- I put sweet pea's swing together and I love it! I can't wait for her to come and use it [until them Sam is going to break it in for her when he comes to visit, she's going to learn to share early] :)
- craving: still loving juice [OJ is topping the charts, followed closely by grapefruit and apple]
- remember last week when I said I was done messing with my baby registries... yeah I lied. I made like five more changes yesterday. hah. I just can't stop!
- sweet pea [and DJ and I] is excited for some QT with Tiffers & Josh this weekend, we haven't hung out with them since the superbowl so we're way overdue!
30 week bumpin' bumpin' bump....
snapshots from week 30...
max on his last day being the youngest in his family * sam's "birth"day cake from just five-six hours before he was born *sweet pea's swing [which I put together all on my own, so proud] * sweet pea got some sweet goodies in the mail from two of her favorite aunties [lindsey & sarah] :)
so that's that - one week closer to meeting our sweet pea!