We also made and got lots of fun stuff and baby j's room is coming together nicely! Then we got to spend some QT with our friend Brian on Tuesday night. This weekend will be a blast too - we're get to see DJ's younger brother (Mat) and his family to celebrate Mat's birthday and then we're heading to Athens to watch sweet pea's first [in utero] superbowl with Tiffani and Josh.
We also signed up for all our "baby classes" this week - we're taking a five week childbirth class, a one night newborn class, breastfeeding class and car-seat safety course through the hospital I'm delivering baby j at - exciting! I'm excited to start these in three weeks and go from there - hopefully we'll learn some useful things and get more comfortable with the concept of being parents and taking care of a newborn. or, we'll just wing-it, no big deal, right?! hah.
this week's stats...
- sweet pea is about 13.5 inches long and weighs around 1.5 lbs - around the size of an average "rutabaga"
- apparently baby j is starting to gain some of her "baby fat"- I know that her mom is definitely gaining some "baby fat" too... and by baby fat, that might just be ice cream fat in my case. oops.
- I'm definitely feeling "large and in charge"- like majorly huge... the thought that I'm going to get even bigger is somewhat frightening.
- leg cramps: every. single. night. I've been eating a banana everyday but it hasn't been helping - I might need to try the soap under the sheets trick!
- baby girl has been moving like crazy and DJ has felt her kicking/moving quite a lot which makes us both really happy. almost every morning when I wake up she's already up and I can feel her moving before I get out of bed... it's a great way to start the day!
- number of dogbeds oliver destroyed: 1. I have a feeling he's starting to realize chaaanges are coming! he's starting to act out a bit :(
- number of bookcases painted/crafted: 1.
- number of picture frames painted/crafted: 3.
- number of letters painted/crafted: 5. :)
- number of cloth diapers we currently own: 12 [and they're so stinking adorable]
- number of times my four year old niece told me I had a "big belly": 4934
25 week striping bumpin' bump....
yup. pregnant women [my size] should not wear stripes.
25th week in photographs...
fun weekend with the kids: sarah in all her cuteness, greg and showing me his adorable belly and my handsome handsome husband. swoon.
oh ollie... cuddletime on the couch times two and the last time he slept in his dog bed [aka he destroyed it the next day]. oh yeah, and one of the all-time favorites... bounce with me.
strawberry cupcake from the yum yum cupcake truck = heaven. amazing corn dish from bone garden cantina. adorable newborn fuzzibunz cloth diapers! ... and a new real simple arrived this week!
so that's that. another week closer to meeting our sweet baby girl.