we also took our first "childbirth/delivery class" -- it was interesting to say the least... I'm not quite sure it's going to be super informative but hey... it will definitely be entertaining. I'm pretty sure DJ and I almost got kicked out because I have the maturity of a 12 year old [and my husband is not far behind me]... we were definitely giggling uncontrollably during the "relaxation exercises"that we did not understand. next week during the class we're taking a tour of the labor/delivery wing of where I'll be delivering sweet pea - so I'm actually really excited about that!
here are the 28 weeks stats...
- Baby J is currently weighing around 2.5 lbs and measuring around 14.8 inches long... around the size of an average rutabaga [?!]
- Baby J can also blink her eyes AND has eyelashes... she wasn't wiggling too much over the weekend but the past few days she's been back to her active self!
- Baby J is also developing "billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world"
- As I said earlier, the doctor this week went great - everything was normal as could be and I'm measuring right on track. Sweet Pea's heartbeat was great, all my blood tests came back normal, my blood pressure was great and the doctor seemed really happy with my progress.
- Now that I'm in the third trimester they've moved my appointments to every two weeks so we'll be going more frequently - which is exciting that we'll be able to check-in on Sweet Pea more often!
28 week bumpin' bumpin...
my 28th week in photos...
adorable newborn bumgenius cloth diapers!
new lamp and table in the nursery
"sun-dex" aka orange sugary yuck
sweet pea's new ZTA legacy onesie that I got at ZTA day!
DJ surprised me with sweet macaroons from West Egg last Friday and they were AMAZING!
...how I celebrated passing my gestational diabetes test = key lime cupcake from yum yum cupcakes!
Ollie just being all sorts of adorable this week...
so there we are... another week closer to meeting sweet pea!