Friday, February 24, 2012

28 weeks!

28 weeks down, 12 to go [81 days]! I can't believe how close we're getting to meet sweet pea! this has been a great week - we're making huge strides in the nursery... it's pretty much done, I had a great visit to the doctor [no anemia or gestational diabetes here!], we bought our carseat [with a 25% off trade-in coupon], we got our first gift in the mail off our baby registry [yay for a swing for sweet pea!], I booked my mom's flight to come visit/for our baby shower! so yes, a great week.

we also took our first "childbirth/delivery class" -- it was interesting to say the least... I'm not quite sure it's going to be super informative but hey... it will definitely be entertaining. I'm pretty sure DJ and I almost got kicked out because I have the maturity of a 12 year old [and my husband is not far behind me]... we were definitely giggling uncontrollably during the "relaxation exercises"that we did not understand. next week during the class we're taking a tour of the labor/delivery wing of where I'll be delivering sweet pea - so I'm actually really excited about that!

here are the 28 weeks stats...

  • Baby J is currently weighing around 2.5 lbs and measuring around 14.8 inches long... around the size of an average rutabaga [?!]
  • Baby J can also blink her eyes AND has eyelashes... she wasn't wiggling too much over the weekend but the past few days she's been back to her active self! 
  • Baby J is also developing "billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world"
  • As I said earlier, the doctor this week went great - everything was normal as could be and I'm measuring right on track. Sweet Pea's heartbeat was great, all my blood tests came back normal, my blood pressure was great and the doctor seemed really happy with my progress.
  • Now that I'm in the third trimester they've moved my appointments to every two weeks so we'll be going more frequently - which is exciting that we'll be able to check-in on Sweet Pea more often!

28 week bumpin' bumpin...

my 28th week in photos...

 adorable newborn bumgenius cloth diapers!
new lamp and table in the nursery
"sun-dex" aka orange sugary yuck
sweet pea's new ZTA legacy onesie that I got at ZTA day!


DJ surprised me with sweet macaroons from West Egg last Friday and they were AMAZING!
...how I celebrated passing my gestational diabetes test = key lime cupcake from yum yum cupcakes!


Ollie just being all sorts of adorable this week...
so there we are... another week closer to meeting sweet pea!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! I can't believe how far along you are! that is so exciting!! =) you look great and congrats on passing your tests =) so glad to hear you and Baby J are healthy =)

Nikki said...

I am so happy you're doing bum genius...I can't wait for a full report on if you like them or not!

I've done a lot of cloth diaper research oddly enough.

dave and jenn said...

Hooray for passing your glucose test! I actually didn't think the sugary drink was that bad... and I celebrated mine with a mint chocolate milkshake! :)

My boss is a Zeta. And so is another of my coworkers!

Wiz said...

You are right on track? But you are SO big...hah JUST KIDDING!!! You are getting SO close! And I have the maturity of a 12 year old boy as well :)

Jen said...

So exciting! You look great!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails