anyways, I'm excited to be in my 18th week and for the next two weeks of VACATION, heck yes. My mom also comes tomorrow (hooray!) - this will only be our fourth time seeing her in the entire freaking year of 2011. can you believe that? I'm the worst daughter.
also, I realize I haven't said this yet -- thank you all for your sweet comments to my letter to my father last week... It's been a difficult day for the past five years but it gets easier and I just am thankful of the 24 years I did get to spend with my dad and passing on the lessons he taught me to our child!
anyways, I'm 18 weeks pregnant and here's the dish -
- baby j is the size of a sweet potato/bell pepper this week (5.5 inches long and almost 7 ounces!)
- I'm feeling pretty good, other than my back hurting - I'm so ready for this vacation to not have to commute into the city and sit at a desk for 8 hours a day... aka to be sloth-like on the couch
- gender: as I posted yesterday... still no word. can't wait to share what it is next week! I also have a poll on the right sidebar, get your votes in while you can (it'll close on Monday morning!)
- number of scarves knitted this week: 2! I learned to knit this week! Oliver is the proud new owner of a fancy scarf and then I just made another one for practice -- I'm so excited to go buy fun yarn and knit baby goodies! :)
- number of commencement ceremonies baby j attended: one - and I had parents I'd never met before asking me when I was due, eeeee I'm officially obviously showing to strangers! why is that exciting to me? who knows. I feel like I'm bigger than I should be at this point, but oh well -hopefully my pictures bring glee to other pregnant women so I can make them feel small, you're welcome skinny minis.
- eating: everything in sight... specifically clementines, chicken salad, christmas cookies and string cheese. maybe this is why I'm bigger than I should be. oh well!
- prenatal yoga: I did it once! well, I did the first thirty-five minutes of it and then laid on the floor and played with Oliver napped for the last 25. don't judge, he's to blame [aka sitting in my lap when I'm trying to meditate].
- leg cramps: one, in the middle of the night - I screamed. let's hope this doesn't become a trend.
- hormones: all out of wack. I go from overwhelming joy to wanting to strangle people within minutes. let's just leave it at that!
18 weeks - just me & my sweet po-ta-ter...
my 18th week in photographs...
1. a baby in my belly, a baby bully on my belly! 2. ollie's morning tickle from daddy 3. learning to knit! the makings of ollie's scarf
4. I'm a good wife and Santa came early for Danny! 5. Dinner with Grandma 6. a Holiday tradition in our house - White Christmas! [remember that time I forgot how to count and didn't include 7?!] 8. baby j's first taste of lobster - they likey!
9. Ollie modeling his new scarf! 10. our new favorite morning coffee shop, west egg! 11. I finally made rainbow cupcakes [more on this next week] 12. my favorite picture of the week... Ollie cuddling with his new brother/sister
don't forget to vote on the gender poll and I'll report back the details on Monday! :)