ready for this week's funny story? this time a conversation with a student... let me set the scene, student that I advise comes into my office during my lunch [which I'm eating at my desk because I'm trying to finish up a project I was working on], she needs help from another coworker so I walk her over to said coworker and am standing there... I'm trying to talk to her and ignore the fact that I know there's a falafel wrap sitting on my desk but I just cant... finally, I give in, go get it and start eating as she's talking to me and my coworker...
me: sorry, the baby is hungry - I have to eat.
student: BABY? what?
me: yup... [smiles and places hand on pregnant belly]
student: have you ALWAYS been pregnant???
me: well, I mean - not always, but for the past five months yeah....
gotta love them. special.
then on Sunday - we went to Babies R Us... now this is where you probably expect me to talk about how amazing it was and how much I love my husband. Now, I do love my husband... but the experience was definitely not amazing. I knew it was going to be overwhelming, but it was just a disaster... We agreed on a infant carrier pretty easily but just didn't fall in love with a stroller and DJ was rushing me and we were not communicating well. He just kept telling me to pick whatever I liked, but I wanted his opinion, he kept saying I was the one that had done research so I knew better [duh] - but I felt like he just didn't care [and told him so]... Then, when he tried to give his opinion I was just telling him how wrong he was [clearly, he couldn't win]. So he was getting snappy, which was getting me more sensitive so. yup, there you have it. It sucked.
I cried, DJ was aggravated and trying to talk to me about it and I just wanted to leave. Then he tried to talk to me in the parking lot/car and I'm sitting there crying like a hormonal pregnant moron - awesome. Needless to say, we're fine now. We did some more research [together] and I think we found a stroller that we like [and we're going to Buy Buy Baby this weekend to check it out in person]. Awesome. This is where it would be helpful to be able to have a glass of wine [or five] while preggo. No one should have to spend time at big box baby stores sober.
Other than our baby gear drama our week was great - we went to the doctor on Monday and saw our sweet baby girl again and everything looked normal and we're right on track, very relieving and exciting!
this week's stats...
- baby j is currently 1 lb and 1 ounce according to our ultrasound! she's around 11 inches long, the approximate size of spaghetti squash. she's starting to resemble a little newborn in there with her lips, nose, eyes and eyebrows becoming more distinct [at least that's what's babycenter tells me]
- I also read that baby j is currently sleeping 12-14 hours a day - craziness?! I'm jealous.
- I'm still feeling baby girl moving around in there a lot, actually she's currently kicking/punching up a storm while I write this. More than anything, I'm so excited for DJ to be able to feel her soon
- My back is still bothering me - my midwife gave me a referral to go see a specialist on Monday for my back/chest pain because apparently the pain I'm describing isn't normal (?) - we'll see how that goes... I'm thinking a prenatal massage might be in my future!
- number of times I've eaten fast food: 2... baby likes her grade F meat. awesome.
- number of times I've broken down like a crazed hormonal woman in public: 1... maybe after sunday, 2.
22 week bumpin' bump...
...our sweet baby girl's profile from our ultrasound on monday...
...kinect playing fools...
lots of cuddletime with ollie - yup, I ate the whole box of white fudge covered oreos in less than 24 hours and no -I didn't share - the dinner that cost me $25 in a parking ticket... it was good though - and the crazy ATL traffic that we battled this week, yuck.
so that's that.
I'll report back on Buy Buy Baby next week - hopefully there won't be tears involved.