Thursday, January 26, 2012

24 weeks...

24 down, 16 to go!? Is it just me or does 16 seem a lot sooner than 17? maybe because it's an even number, or 4x4 - who knows. either way, I feel like the next 16 weeks are going to fly by - also, I have this fear that sweet baby j is going to come early and nothing is going to be ready for her so I'm trying to get the essentials over the next few weeks [hey, better to be early than late, right?!].

we did make our first "big baby purchase" this past week [other than my diaper bag, which is clearly lifechanging] - we bought our glider! we originally fell in love with a little castle glider at Buy Buy Baby but then when we were at Babies R Us this weekend [no tears!] we saw an extremely comparable one [which was just as comfy] for $200 cheaper [and we all know I'm cheap] AND I could use a 20% off coupon that I had -- that was it... signed, sealed - hopefully delivered this weekend! We're going back this weekend to buy the ottoman [and use another 20% off coupon] and possibly buy my breast pump too [yup. I just wrote breast pump in a blog post. didn't see that one coming did you]...

here's the skinny chub on my 24th week...
  • baby j is currently 24 weeks old - and she weighs over a pound and is pretty much a foot long [ear of corn!], I also learned this week that my uterus is currently the size of a soccer ball. fun. 
  • the nesting has begun - baby j's basement nursery is underway and we have started rearranging the room and getting set for her! I also took the tags/stickers off of all of her clothes and sorted them by size... yup. anal retentive, party of one.
  • sleepless nights: one. I don't know why but I could NOT sleep Tuesday night - I got up to pee like 6 times and just could not get comfortable/clear my head... luckily last night the exhaustion set in and I slept like a baby. it was glorious.
  • items bought: our glider, diaper bag, and too many adorable onesies from baby gap...
  • items borrowed: a friend from work lent us her swing, snap and go stroller, and boba baby carrier! score for fun free stuff aka saving money!
  • birthdays celebrated: two! oliver turned 2 and our sweet niece Sarah turned four! 
  • DJ felt our sweet pea move for the first time this past week! SO exciting. she's a jumping bean that one, I love our little conversations that we have all day long while she wiggles around my belly
24th week bumpin bump... and a bumpin bully...


24th week in pictures...
so that was our 24th week. 
lots of cuddling with Oliver on the couch, date night at Bonefish [hooray gift cards], chocolate chip banana pancakes, nesting taking full force, building storage cubbies and adorable tiny clothes.

9 comments:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

You look so great!!!

Laura said...

That snugglesaurus onsie is TO DIE FOR!
so cute!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, a soccer ball?! Crazy.

I'm hoping our furniture comes in tomorrow so I can get it all together this weekend!!

Stephanie said...

You look fabulous! Those chocolate chip banana pancakes have my name written all over them!

Wiz said...

Four things.

1) Is that a Bone Fish menu...yummmm.

2) A glider is the most comfortable thing ever. If you gotta be up in the middle of the night feeding; it might as well be in a glider!

3) Taking off tags and sorting is NOT anal retentive at all. Now if you had said you sorted by size and color...maybe.

4)I just wrote "nipple" in a blog post so its all good!

Catherine Fishback said...

This is so exciting! My best friend is about to have a baby girl in 2 weeks and I am so incredibly excited for her. I love the diaper bag you choose. Also, your bulldog is adorable.

I wanted to let you know about a new blog FEST about food, style & travel. Come follow along as I document my wardrobe challenge: to not but any clothes in 2012. It's gonna be great. Also, be sure to join the site so you can enter the giveaway.

Amber said...

You look amazing! Such a great pregnancy glow! Yay for a diaper bag purchase - I'm not even preggo and I already have my eye on a few that I adore! :)

Amber said...

You look amazing! Such a great pregnancy glow! Yay for a diaper bag purchase - I'm not even preggo and I already have my eye on a few that I adore! :)

Nikki said...

Those little dresses are darling! I don't know what I'd do if I had a boy...I guess he'd be gay.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails