here we go, here's my "top 10 first trimester must-haves" --
1. sleep. lots and lots of sleep. go to bed early, to hell with quality time - you will feel so much better if you just got to bed at 8pm and don't think twice.
2. water. drink lots and lots of water - yes, this makes you pee more but it really does make you feel better. particularly when you don't want to eat anything.
3. allow yourself vices - for me this was ginger ale. I'm not a big soda drinker but few things made me my stomach settle like ginger ale did... I even made myself fancy shirley temples at the bachelorette party I went to and then at home when I was feeling particularly fancy. you can't not smile while you're sipping a pink drink eating a marachino cherry.
4. little pocket notebook [or evernote for your iPhone/iPad] - my brain was extremely overwhelmed with questions, thoughts, to-dos - I couldn't keep anything straight. having a list of questions for my doctor and to-do lists (personal and professional) with me at all times that I could add to was so helpful!
5. werther's originals... I kept these in my desk and they helped me kick the nausea when it was unbearable/I needed a little sugar kick - not super healthy, but a little bit of sugar to keep me going.
6. pre-natal vitamins - find ones that don't make you want to puke. take them at night, this will help them not to upset your stomach. I know some women also take flintstones chewables if they can't take the prenatals
7. CARBS. my carb of choice was pizza.... grilled cheese and cereal also worked - I heard some people could only eat baked potatoes during the first trimester... basically if it doesn't make you feel like throwing up - eat it.
8. victoria's secret boyfriend sweat pants -- I lived in these [when I fit in them]... comfy is best. trust me.
9. a nightlight for the bathroom - you're going to be getting up a lot to go to the bathroom, turning on the light everytime is annoying. so is missing the toilet seat. get a nightlight.
10. whatever fruit/veggies doesn't make you want to barf - for me this was apples and carrots... gotta get those veggies in!
hope this helps some of you out there that are just starting on your "pregnancy journey"
fellow "women who have been knocked up" what's on your first-trimester must-have list?