Monday, January 2, 2012

new years & anniversary staycation...

happy 2012! we had a great time saying goodbye to 2011, ringing in 2012 and celebrating our anniversary this past weekend during our "staycation" in Athens, GA. we headed down to Athens on Saturday afternoon and checked into our hotel to start the trip.

I love me a king-sized bed...

my new favorite shoes joined us for the trip...

Then we walked downtown and just strolled around enjoying our beautiful 65 degree weather. we might have left our favorite bulldog home but we had lots in Athens to keep us company...

lovely Athens afternoon...

We stopped into a new favorite Walker's Coffee and Pub - DJ enjoyed a few nice beers and I had an uber yummy steamer and then walked over to Gigi's cupcakes where I demolished enjoyed a champagne cupcake aka HEAVEN...

then we headed back to the hotel and relaxed for a bit and freshened up for dinner. we went to farm 255 [which we wholeheartedly recommend for a great meal if you're in Athens] where they had a great four course pre-fixe dinner - we got different things for each course and shared [my favorite thing to do] and DJ got the wine pairings - I enjoyed my beverage of choice lately - h2o... so fancy, I know.

after dinner we headed back to the hotel and popped open our bubbly...

...and then watched some Big Bang Theory on DVD [I know, party animals] and switched over to CBS at around 11:30pm and watched the ball drop! It was such a fun relaxing New Years Eve just the two of us - our last childless new years eve/anniversary - crazy!  It was also crazy to think last year we were celebrating our wedding with our friends and family - two great New Years Eves... just very different!

On Sunday, we woke up and headed to our favorite Athen's restaurant Last Resort Grill for brunch - which was fantastic as always! Then we had to stop at Ike & Jane's for a donut before driving home [what? baby j wanted one two!]

here are a few more yummy snapshots from our trip...
afternoon beer/milk steamer from Walker's ~ yummy sparkling grape juice back at the hotel ~ my amazing omlette from Last Resort ~ donut = happiness from Ike & Jane's!

We returned home Sunday afternoon and lounged in our PJs. That night we had our 3rd annual anniversary pizza [after we eloped we walked home, got a pizza, got in our PJs had some pizza and called our parents to tell them we got married!  we continued the pizza tradition last year and plan to do it every year on our anniversary. we also exchanged cards [our gift to each other was our staycation] and I got a dozen beautiful red roses from my love.

such an amazing weekend celebrating [and eating] with my love! it was perfection - more than anything the best part was just enjoying some downtime with DJ, he's been working super hard lately and with my pregnancy exhaustion and holiday overload with the families, we haven't had a lot of one-on-one fun time away - it was much needed and appreciated.

2011 was a great year for us and I'm so excited to see all the joy and love that will surround us during 2012! more than anything I can't wait for may to meet our sweet baby girl! 

here's to 2012 - may it be filled with great love, health and happiness for all.

7 comments:

~Meg said...

First love the shoes! Second Rene and I did some Big Bang Theory watching all weekend long TBS marathon on new years eve and just about finished Season 1 on DVD...we're real party animals too!

Katie said...

Love the new blog look! And your staycation looked perfect! I have to agree, I love me a king sized bed!

Sarah said...

I don't think I knew you two eloped, how romantic!!! :)

And the new blog looks fabulous! :)

Anna said...

Omg what a fun weekend! Looks like such a perfect New Years.

And HOLY BLOG OVERHAUL. Love it!! Did Danny do it for you? I see you figured out the great button dilemma of 2011. =)

Sweet Tea In Sicily said...

I loved looking at these pics... it was like going home for me!!! I spent three (almost four) AMAZING years in Athens for college... and I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT! I can't wait to visit again someday and show my hubs some of the amazing little shops, cafes, etc.... we met there but he was only stationed there a very short time... and spent most of his time in classes or in the bras ;)

xo,
Ash

kristen said...

happy Annie!! it looks like it was amazing!!

Ps.. Im loving this new design!!

Nikki said...

Fun! I want to go on a staycation. We have too many weddings this year though.

Cute new shoes for sure!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails