Thursday, June 23, 2011

sick days.

so the past few days have been pretty ridiculous... Monday I came home with the chills and a fever, Tuesday I sucked it up and went to work since we had the Dispatch concert that night [the was amazing, but a story for another post] then Wednesday I woke up and had enough with feeling like crud and called the doctor... they were jam packed but said if I got there by 9:15 they would squeeze me in [my doctor is amazing] so I went and after some poking and prodding it turns out I may have strep throat.... ugh. 


I gargled with lidocaine yesterday every two hours [and it made me barf, yup, awesome] and woke up today still feeling terrible and went to pick up my penicillin to "kill the strep" - so here I am on day 2 out of the office.... still feeling like pretty gross but I have faith that tomorrow I will feel better and be good to go [I mean, it's friday, I will feel better for the weekend].


I also realized this morning, I had a meeting with a student yesterday that I didn't show up for.... I didn't even tell her I wasn't coming into the office, no call, no email, nothing. major fail on my part. oops. I hate when people don't show up and/or are late [especially without notice] and I am huge in instilling that into my students... way to role model early. oops. I'm going to email her today and take her out to lunch next week to make it up to her. [bribery, I'm not above it]


anyways, as ridiculous as I feel the upside to being sick is being able to be sloth-like for the past two days [aka sweatpants only, no brushing my hair, cuddling with the pup and watching plenty of trash tv] here are some prime examples...


I watched this weeks episode of PLL... I'm so interested to see where they take the story line, it almost makes me want to reread the books... I know, I'm such a tween it's pathetic.


I watched the 1998 Lindsay Lohan version of "The Parent Trap" - seriously, she was so adorable before she turned into a crackhead. DJ tried to delete it off the DVR after I finished watching it. Clearly after he saw my face he realized that was NOT going to happen. Come to think of it, I just may watch it again today... 


I watched Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition - now, I have a huge love/hate relationship with this show. I love it, but I hate that it makes me cry like 35 times... seriously, I start crying when they do the intro... and pretty much don't stop... but it is so inspiring and you just find yourself so invested in the people and their journey. I definitely suggest watching it if you haven't already - just get the kleenex ready, especially if you're a crier like me! ALSO, I am starting to have a serious crush on Chris Powell, he's unreal and such a good guy [he is also quite easy on the eyes, if you're picking up what I'm putting down]


I felt like I was back in college yesterday eating ramen noodles for lunch, yes they were just as tasty as I remembered... 


I got plenty of cuddletime with this guy...


I watched The Voice with DJ... it's weird, he loves the show - I think it's okay. The one thing I do like about it is the coaches - I mean, Adam Levine is just well, yeah, he's pretty. very, very, pretty. Then there's Blake Shelton, he's such a teddy bear, aahh I just want to hug him.  You can tell they're all so invested in the people they're coaching - it's pretty adorable.


then I finally [I know I watched a lot of TV yesterday] watched SYTYCD.... aah. so good. I don't know who is going home tonight [especially since 4 are going home?!], I am starting to fall in love with a few of the contestants though [melanie and miranda, aahh they're amazing!]


I may or may not currently be watching "My Future Boyfriend" [I DVRed it like a month ago thinking it was perfect mindless tv for a sloth day]... yes, it's as cheesy as it sounds and I LOVE it.


oh and today is the last day to get free shipping on $25 or more at Victoria Secret and it's their semi-annual sale... hmmm.... I might see some online shopping in my future [cross your fingers I've hit "purchase" before DJ sees this... I love you honey, let's go buy you some software and call it even!] 


in other news, I think the penicillin and coffee mixture going on in my stomach is making me a little loopy... getting dizzy... must lay down... no seriously, feels like I drank a bottle of wine and chased in with a pack of ciggs... gross. back to the horizontal position for me. too bad someone is hogging the couch...


hope you're all feeling better than I am!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

aw, man...being sick is no fun! hope you're feeling better soon!

Lacey said...

Sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better soon!! But I love all of your tv recaps, I need to catch up on my dvr!

amy said...

Strep Throat is the worst!! I had a few months ago... Hope you feel better, especially in time for the weekend! :)

Kat said...

Sorry you are sick...but seriously, you just scored some major awesome points. +1 for Dispatch. I actually saw them in concert twice in college in a really small venue. they were AMAZING. Even got up, all rotated instruments every few songs.

+1 for PLL. I'm obsessed. Totally fills my summertime gap in must see TV. And yes, I am such a 14 year old at heart too!! Any chance you own a "I Heart Jacob" shirt...because I totally do :)

Nikki said...

Boo I'm sorry you're so sick. Looks like Ollie likes having you home for some quality marathon tv. I won't even tell you what my tween obsessions are. My Husband would be embarassed.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails