Monday, June 13, 2011

Skydiving with DJ!

so we yesterday I completed my first "30 before 30" task/goal - DJ and I went skydiving! it was amazing, and believe it or not - an even better experience than my first time around.  


we woke up bright and early on sunday morning and hit the road for Skydive Georgia in Cedartown [a mere two hours away].... we got there right on time at 9am [yes, we woke up uber early, barf]. filled out paperwork, watched the video and just relaxed for the next two hours or so. we then met our instructors that we were jumping tandem with - they were great! DJ jumped with Johan and I jumped with Lance... Lance was great and since this was my second jump he let me be a little more involved, I got to wear the altimeter [the only one on the jump] and I pulled the cord at 6,000 feet for our chute to open, then he let me steer the parachute until landing.  we decided not to get the video, I already had one and DJ didn't want one so here are a few iPhone shots of our day.






I'm so glad that DJ got to experience this for the first time and that we got to experience skydiving together. Crazy to think yesterday I  jumped out of a plane at 14,000 feet... today is going to be pretty dull in comparison.  It was such an exhilarating experience and I can't wait to do it again, yes, we've already decided - that was not our last jump! 

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow you are so BRAVE!! :) What an exciting experience together!!

Anna said...

So fun they let you be more involved, I definitely want to jump again and that would be awesome!

amy said...

You are crazy! :) I could never skydive!!!

Sara Strand said...

ah! That's so awesome!!! I loved it when I got to do it, and I want to go again most definitely. :)

Nikki said...

You guys are crazy! But I'm glad you got to cross it off the list. I went paragliding this weekend (photos to come) and I swore a lot. I can't imagine the slew of words had a I jumped from an airplane!

Tara said...

better you than me! glad you enjoyed it though :)

Katie said...

Ahhh so cool. I have always wanted to sky dive!! So fun to experience it was somebody special!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails