Tuesday, July 19, 2011

biltmore visit!

As part of our girls weekend to celebrate Lindi's birthday we spent the day at the Biltmore in Asheville - which means I also knocked another thing of my 30 before 30 list! We were both in complete awe of the house, gardens and grounds and had a great time exploring - we grabbed a quick lunch [pizza + lemonade] before venturing out to explore the gardens! The gardens are breathtaking and I'm going to do a whole other post with all of the flower pictures I took, there were just so many beautiful blooms everywhere! We also ventured out to the waterfall, which was great and a nice workout to "earn" the ice cream we would later eat.  We lucked out because the weather was perfect, a nice 70-75 degrees all day so we were cool and comfortable and not sweaty [I can imagine how uncomfortable I would be if I was hot].  We did the audio tour [$10 extra] in the house and it was definitely worth to hear some extra stories and have a tour, but on our own pace [everyone recommended that we do it and they were right, definitely worth it!].  
unfortunately, photography isn't allowed in the house so you'll just have to go visit for yourself to see it! we kept calling it the adult version of disney world when we were there and it definitely had some truth to it. either way, we had a blast and I'm excited to return - I think I might be able to convince DJ to join me during the holidays to see the house all decorated!

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

very fun! glad you liked it! I know we did! And going for the holiday's would be awesome!

Tara said...

yeah, the audio tour is DEFINITELY worth it the first time you to go Biltmore! I went over the holiday season and the decorations are beautiful, plus they had extra bits added into the audio tour talking about holiday celebrations at the house when people actually lived there :)

Nikki said...

Whoa! Major girls weekend. What a great idea, it's beautiful!

Katie said...

WOW! Looks amazing! Definitely want to put it on my "to-go" list!

Rachel said...

Awesome and great pictures! Oddly enough- I was there just 1 week before you!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails