Thursday, July 14, 2011

I have a friend...

I have a friend who I'm lucky enough to call my sister...
[zeta is forever]

...a friend who reminds me of when I was young and clueless....
[zta formal 2003]

...a friend who I've always celebrated in style with...
[twenty one!]

...a friend who will remind me of times I don't remember....
[aka, when I black out - booze cruise, always a bad idea]

...a friend who I like to walk home with...
["you want to walk home?" "OK!" "we should sneak out now then"]

...a friend who gets me into trouble...
["remember in college in Atlanta?" "did we end up at LXA at GTech?" "weren't we on a roof at one point?" "wasn't there a pool?!"]

...a friend who I get into trouble...

 [thanks for the shots joe!]

...a friend who is beautiful....

...a friend who will always try something new....
[special.]

...a friend who always lifts me up when I'm down...
[ucf dance marathon 2002]

...a friend who is a hard worker...
[take your best friend to work day 2011, duh]

...a friend who puts up with my antics...
[she secretly loves it]

...a friend who makes friends wherever she goes...

... a friend who can always make me laugh...
[moh toast, 2010]


...a friend who is a master...
[big time with the university president, 2006]

...a friend who I climbed a mountain with... 
[literally and figuratively] 

...a friend who I've shared the past decade of my life with...
[lindi's birthday, 2007]

...a friend who I always feel at home with...
[porch swings, forever ours]

...a friend who knows all my secrets...

...a friend who I share a brain with...
[we share a great taste in cell phones and teen dramas...]

...a friend who is always on my team....
[go knights!]

...a friend I can always turn to...


... a friend who always makes me feel special...

...a friend my husband adores [sometimes, more than me] and actually listens to [always more than me]....
["you and lindi are really the same person, except she's the nicer version of you" - direct quote from DJ, 2010]

...a friend who is family...

... a friend who will one day be an Aunt to my children...
[but for now, just bunny and penguin]

...a friend who is thirty today...

happy thirtieth birthday to my oabfffl
[overall, best friend, forever, for life...duh]

to the smed-b to my smed-a,
my smedie,
my lindi-lou....
happy birthday my love, 
thanks for being the best friend a girl could ever ask for over the past decade!
it was fate [and alphabetical order] that brought us together in 2000, 
but so much more that has kept us so close over the years. 
you are such an amazing person, and words can't describe how important you are to me,
you truly are the meaning of sisterhood and I am so lucky to have you in my life.
I treasure our past, live for our present and can't wait for our future!
thank you for everything, but most of all, for being you!
love you!
can't wait to celebrate this weekend!
smed-a :)
[smeds for life, duh]

7 comments:

Jen said...

Very Cute. Loved looking at all those pictures. Happy Birthday to your oabfffl!

Anna said...

This is sweet! I remember when you talked about her being such a good friend during a speech you made a Panhellenic banquet one year at UNCW!

asj said...

Anna, I remember that - that was the day I had to deal with something for HRL and didn't have time to shave my legs and wear a dress and I was all stressed and then burst out crying like a fool... awesome. That was probably the beginning of you realizing what a mess I was ;) Yes, Lindi was a major part of my speech though, I love that girl!

Nikki said...

Everyone is turning 30 I swear! So very sweet. I'm glad you have her in your life. And if you should pass, or leave DJ, he will have a backup. Just kidding! ;)

Anna said...

I don't remember hairy legs or no dress, just good words :)

asj said...

@Nikki - maybe we'll move to Utah and start Big Love II

@Anna- I wore pants! But thanks for remembering the "good words" - sweet! :)

Lexie said...

Were you a ZTA?

Lexie

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails