Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Antler Hill Village and Biltmore Bubbles!

here's the last bitlmore/asheville post [I swear!], after the gardens and touring the house we headed over to the Antler Hill Village [within the Biltmore Estate]to walk around the shops a bit and do some wine tasting!  the first thing we saw when we got out of the car were a small patch of sunflowers... how cool?! of course we wandered closer and took some pictures...
I wanted to go run through them and dance around [luckily we saw them before the wine tasting] then I remembered I was wearing a dress, sandals and didn't want ticks... so we ventured on to the winery!  the basic wine tasting is free [cha-ching, my kinda wine tasting!] so we walked around and toured the winery and then sampled a few [35? jk... like 10] wines.... the wines were alright, nothing that was so overwhelming that I felt the need to buy any...
from there we went and had some ice cream [and ate it before I could snap a picture], sat and chatted and ventured onto our "Biltmore Bubbles" tasting, it was great a 45 minute tour/tasting. We learned how sparkling wine is created, bottled and then most importantly... TASTED. We had a blast and even though it's a bit pricey [$18 a person] it was a great time and I'm so glad we did it!
such a great time at Antler Village, they have a lot of other things there like a farm [!!] but someone [AHEM Lindi] refused to go to the farm... so I will definitely have to return and check it out [AHEM Danny]!  Great way to wrap up a great visit at the Biltmore, I'm so excited to return!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It looks wonderful! I love the pictures of all the sunflowers, just gorgeous!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

The sunflower field is beautiful!! I would have wanted to run through it too! And YEAYYY for free winetasting..that is always a plus!

jessica // union shore said...

wine... yum!! could def go for a glass right now!! and those sunflowers are beautiful!!

Anna said...

Antler hill was one of my favorite places to go when I lived in Asheville. Luckily my job gave me some free entrance tickets - that place to SO unaffordable!

Tara said...

I'm glad you did the wine tasting! I agree that the Biltmore wines aren't amazing. They have a couple GOOD ones but nothing that really stands out. I have a bad feeling that this is because they expect their name to carry them and I hope in the future they'll try a bit harder to make truly great wine.

amy said...

Beautiful pictures of the sunflowers. They used to be my favorite flower. :)

Glad you had a great time.

Oh, My Darling said...

Wild -- I was just in Asheville two weeks ago, and went to the Biltmore while there. What a cool place!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails