Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chateau Elan Winery

so a few weeks back when Lindi came to visit we finally ventured over to the Chateau Elan Winery - I was excited because it's pretty close to our house and if we liked it we could frequent it more often [DJ had been there before and told me it wasn't anything special, what does he know - clearly, a LOT].


so first we paid our $10 for the tour/tasting... whatever, money aint a thang... but wait, it is - that's kinda a lot for a craptastic tour and to barely taste five [not very good] wines. I threw caution to the wind and we went for it. 


the tour started out with a video [bad sign #1], lindi then mentioned to me that she had already watched this video on the webpage [bad sign #2]. oh yes... and this was my view....
yeah, not very good.

so we went on and toured the facilities, nothing exciting, and our tour guide didn't know the answers to our questions [annoying?!].... 
then we ventured outside and tasted the grapes [yum]....
back inside to taste the wine [eeehh]....
and back outside to grab a few photos before heading home....


clearly, the best part of the experience was the company. 
I wouldn't recommend it, especially not the tour...
I think you can do the tasting for $5 which might not be bad depending on what they had. 
I say skip the winery and head over to Paddy's Pub for a Guinness! 

6 comments:

Anna said...

I Was literally just talking to my MOH about this place. Since my wedding venue is suddenly a no-go, we're back to looking for places. I just ATL is too far to drive from Aiken though.

Wiz said...

Yeah, I may be skipping this one! We have a GREAT one in Nashville that does free wine tasting and often has live entertainment. I am not so much for having to watch a video. Just give me my wine already!

whitney said...

at least you got some great pictures out of it. i am always hesitant to spend the dough to just taste. i would rather just buy a big glass and get drunk....bad?

Nikki said...

When has wine tasting ever been a bad experience?! Bummer for you guys though.

Jen said...

We went to Chateau Elan for our anniversary last year and stayed there so we got to explore around a bit more. I agree that the tour is lacking and the wine is mediocre at best. I liked that we got to keep the glasses. The restaurant by the wine shop was also very, very good. The wineries in North GA are much better.

Dee Stephens said...

Found you through Nikki from Que Sera.
I agree, my rents just moved from ATL and I've been here a couple of times and think it sucks.
Beautiful property but the wine isn't worth wasting the calories on.
Come check me out-- we live in CLT
www.deestephensadventures.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails