Tuesday, June 8, 2010

home sweet home...

I'm baaack. AND boy am I happy. I had such a great time and ate AMAZING food and got a lot of wedding stuff done and I'll definitely post about that later... really what has struck me today more than anything was how happy I really was to be home.

I finally feel at HOME somewhere. I thought I would be sad to leave Wilmington and it did suck to leave my lovely friends but other than that I was happy to get home to my DJ, my pup, and my amazing house...

Our house is beautiful. I love it. It's what I've always dreamed of and more. It's over 200 years old, hardwoord floors throughout both floors, beautiful built-ins in the living room, a basement (big deal to Floridians like me), front & back yard, 3 bedrooms, lots of windows and natural light... it really is pretty amazing.

The minute we walked in we were sold. It was the second place we looked at and we were done.

BUT don't get me wrong... every house has its quirks and ours does too... well for starters, we only have one bathroom - and it's upstairs. Luckily DJ and I are really close and the whole brushing my teeth while he goes to the bathroom or vice versa thing doesn't phase... we didn't even realize the lock was painted over until we had lived in the house for over a month and we had our first visitor (we just never locked it). Also, here's the big one - the heat and hot water is run off of oil/fuel. So we have a giant oil tank in our basement that heats the house and water... have you seen gas prices? Imagine that times a couple hundred... luckily it's summer so we only have to fill up every few months. Oh, the last one - NO AC. Which I didn't even notice (possibly know) until a few weeks ago when it started getting hot. Luckily we borrowed a window unit from a friend and our bedroom is nice and cool. Ollie even got his own fan to cool his little panting butt off.

With that being said. I love our house... After living on various college campuses for ten years [yes you read that right... 10 long years... TEN YEARS] it feels good to have something solid.  I'm sure the quirks will come out more as we live in it more but I couldn't be happier. It's not only our house - it's our home [where the heart is]. It's ours. I feel at home, I feel settled, I feel at peace. And, it feels good.

I'll try and post some pics of the house later tonight or tomorrow, unfortunately I don't have any on my work laptop and it is time to get... HOME! ta-ta.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails